We all have loads of data stored in our computer. This may include passwords, business or personal information, inventory, expenses and more. We store information using various tools like Microsoft Office, Pages, Keynote etcetera. But let’s face it, almost every one of us wished if we could customise the way we store information.
Recently, I came across this Application on the App Store and was amazed by its multiple uses. Tap Forms 5 by Tap Zapp Software Inc. is your one stop destination when it comes to organising and securing your database. What I really love about this application is that there are virtually no limitations on how do you wish to store information? Tap Forms 5 enables you to create custom forms from scratch and also ships with some ready to use templates to make you started.
No matter what your needs, Tap Forms 5 will help you create forms that facilitate you to efficiently manage, track and maintain your data at any given point of time. The above image shows the Homepage. The “+” icon on the top left corner is where you get started. Clicking the same opens a new window and this is how you can create your new form.
The “Form” tab on the top right corner of the image, enables you to name your form and assign it a category. It also allows you to sort a particular group in an ascending or descending order. For eg. I can sort the data to populate and display with location, names, telephone number, email address and more. This is one of the reasons I love this application as it does not restrict you with anything and acknowledges that every individual has different needs and caters to each and every one of them.
Another tab (next to “Form”) is “Fields”. This displays various heads like name, email, contact number, address, website, location and more. However, again, you can customise, edit and add any number of Fields to cater to your requirement.
Tap Forms 5 also comes with the following features:
- Label Designer – generates printable labels for any of the data stored in the form fields.
- Automatic Cloud Sync – permits seamless integration between Mac and iOS devices.
- Nearby Sync – enables you to sync your devices without the cloud provided that the devices are running Tap Forms on your own private network that has the exact same document open at the same time.
- Calendar View, World Map View and Calendar View.
- Encryption for your database, photos, drawings, file attachments and more.
- Back-up and restore.
- Integrated barcode scanning.
- Privacy/security – requires Touch ID on your iPhone and iPad. You can also set Tap Forms to auto-lock when you have been idle for a set period of time.
As of now, Tap Forms 5 is available only for Mac and iOS. The Mac version is available for US$49.99 while the iOS version is available for US$16.99 (requires iOS 9.3 or later).
Tap Forms 5 has helped me create so many custom forms that almost all of my database are stored within this amazing application. Now I do not have to worry about losing my precious data, thanks to the Back-up, Restore and Cloud Sync features.
Before purchasing, I tried looking for parallel apps but found Tap Forms 5 to be the best. What do you think?